Lady Dawgs Playoff Journey

Javon Rogers, Reporter

Montevallo High School’s Girls Basketball Team has had a fair regular season but now playoff time is here! The Lady Dawgs claimed their first postseason area win against the West Blocton Tigers on Tuesday, February 2nd. The Lady Dawgs also played in the area championship against the Bibb County Choctaws and unfortunately came up short on Thursday, February 9th.

The Lady Dawgs will still advance further because they won their first area tournament game against West Blocton. I sat down with the captain of the Lady Dawgs, Siara Kennedy, and asked what it feels like to make it out of area play this year.

Siara Kennedy: “ It’s a bittersweet feeling knowing this is my last year playing and being a part of the Montevallo Basketball Program. We didn’t advance last year so it feels good that we are progressing further and having more time being together my senior year with my basketball family. I know we can succeed and go further if we play to the ability we know we can play at.”

The Lady Dawgs will face Prattville Christian Academy on Monday February 14th.

If the Bulldogs win they will keep playing but if they fall short their season will be over. Siara expects to lead her team to a successful night on Monday, she already has done a good job so far this season, but a win or go home situation will depict if the Dawgs continue their season.