SPOTLIGHT

FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Eighth graders participate in a class on Life Skills at the University of Montevallo for Future Falcon Day.

Sarah King

Sarah King

Sarah King

Sydney Selman, News Writer

Dawn Cabrera’s Future Educators of America participated in Future Falcon Day with eighth graders from Montevallo Middle School at the University of Montevallo, Friday, Oct. 27.

“Future Falcon Day is important because it help to get the kids comfortable and familiar with the campus,”  Future Falcon Day chaperone, Aletha Carter said.  “It gives the kids an awareness of the family like atmosphere at the University of Montevallo.”

The event opened up with a scavenger hunt to get the kids familiar with the layout of campus.  The groups then met up for a quick snack break before they left for their classes. In their classes, they got to hear lectures from UM professors such as robotics, social work, and life skills.

“Future Falcon Day was beneficial for the eighth graders because they got a feel for college life and it was beneficial to the FEA members because they got a feel for the leading aspect of teaching,” FEA President Madison Childress said.  

After the students were done with their classes, the eighth graders ate lunch, went on a ghost tour, and participated in team building games.

“As soon as we finish one year we go straight into planning the next year, FEA member, Kanan Harbuck said.  “We incorporate new games and activities each year to create a new and beneficial experience for the students each year.”

Montevallo’s Future educators plan to continue to organize Future Falcon Day each year and keep this tradition which benefits both middle and high school aged students.

About the Contributors
Sydney Selman, Reporter

Junior Sydney Selman is a second year reporter for WDOG and Montevallo's SPOTLIGHT.  She is the captain of the majorettes and a member of FEA.  Outside...

Sarah King, News Writer/Reporter

Senior Sarah King is a second year news reporter for The SPOTLIGHT and WDOG. She is a member of FCCLA, Pep Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mu Alpha Theta,...

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Troubadours showcase half-time show

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Student Life

Students go “bananas” at pep rally

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Valley Boys make debut

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Dance kicks off Homecoming week

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Bulldogs greet elementary students

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Students take classes at the University of Montevallo

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Lady Dogs progress to Sweet 16

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Hughes signs softball scholarship with UM

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Program leaves impact on Bigs and Littles

• FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

Top Stories

Teachers defeat seniors in Dodgeball

The student news site of Montevallo High School
FEA organizes Future Falcon Day