SPOTLIGHT

Valley Boys make debut

Back to Article
Back to Article

Valley Boys make debut

The Valley Boys prepare to get the crowd pumped up before the Marbury game as they ride over to the football field.

Avery Lawley

Avery Lawley

Avery Lawley

Ellen Reid and Abby Hamer

Montevallo kicked off a new tradition with the creation of the Valley Boys, an all male pep squad.

“We wanted to get the boys more involved in sporting events,” junior Avery Lawley said. “They have not let us down!”

The Valley Boys consists of seniors Roderick Morris and Daniel Whitson; juniors Josh Mims, Logan McLaurin, Wilson Massey, Chase Ramsey, and Grant Cordes; sophomores Jeremy Holsomback, Campbell Cost, and Cody Posey; and freshman Tucker Edwards.

The group meets at the school at 5:30 p.m. on Friday afternoons for the girls to paint letters on their chests and numbers on their back.

“We then all get in the back of a truck and ride over to the field together,” Holsomback said.  “At the game we get the crowd hyped before the players come over.”

The Valley Boys just don’t attend all the home MHS games, they also attend the closer away games such as Jemison and Shelby County.

“I feel like it gets the student section excited and makes the football players want to play harder because they know that they have a student section cheering them on,” Mims said.

You will be able to see the boys at the next home game against Greensboro, Friday, Oct. 26 at Theron Fisher Stadium.

“We hope that this tradition continues for many years to come,” senior Katie Horton said.

About the Contributors
Ellen Reid, News Writer/Reporter

Senior Ellen Reid is a second year reporter for WDOG and SPOTLIGHT. She is a varsity cheerleader and a member of FCCLA, FEA, Yearbook, Pep Club, Diamond...

Abby Hamer, News Writer/Reporter

Senior  Abby Hamer is a second year member of SPOTLIGHT and WDOG. She is involved in FTA, FCCLA, Yearbook, and Pep Club. Hamer loves being with friends...

Avery Lawley, News Writer/Reporter

Junior Avery Lawley is a first year reporter for WDOG and SPOTLIGHT. She plays softball for the Lady Dogs. In her spare time, she likes to take pictures...

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Troubadours showcase half-time show

• Valley Boys make debut

Student Life

Students go “bananas” at pep rally

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Dance kicks off Homecoming week

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Bulldogs greet elementary students

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Students take classes at the University of Montevallo

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Lady Dogs progress to Sweet 16

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

FEA organizes Future Falcon Day

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Hughes signs softball scholarship with UM

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Program leaves impact on Bigs and Littles

• Valley Boys make debut

Top Stories

Teachers defeat seniors in Dodgeball

The student news site of Montevallo High School
Valley Boys make debut