MHS in Search of Actors for High School Musical Jr.

Emily Gallagher, Reporter

Are you interested in acting? Do you love High School Musical? You have the option to have the best of both worlds by being a part of MHS’s production of High School Musical Jr. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved with your school. Help is needed in all aspects of the production, so if you prefer not to be on stage there are plenty of behind-the-scenes roles to fill. You do not have to be in theater or choir to participate. Miss Johnson would like everyone to know that there “really really is something for everyone to do.” She is hoping to have ten to twenty students outside of choir helping. If you are interested please see Mrs. Johnson or Miss Meadows by January 17th. This will also be the day of auditions. If you are seeking a singing role please come prepared with a song that showcases your vocal talent. If you are seeking an on-stage role that does not sing Miss Johnson will give you a few lines of script to go over and recite for them. 

This is the first time that MHS has done a musical in six years. This musical is a stage production of the original High School Musical movie. Miss Johnson was awarded a grant which is funding this production. When asked why she chose High School Musical Junior she said she wanted to offer the opportunity that MHS students haven’t had in the past and “generate excitement about being a part of something.” 

Practice for the production will begin in February. The musical will be performed from April 14th to April 16th, 2023.