Oden signs with Northeast Mississippi

Madison Childress

With his family, friends, coaches and teammates looking on, senior Zac Oden commits to play football with Northeast Mississippi Community College.

Georgia Hughes, News Writer

Senior Zac Oden committed to play football at Northeast Mississippi Community College, Tuesday, Feb. 7.

“I chose Northeast because they put out good players every year and they have a lot of Division One talent,”  Oden said.  “At their school you’re going up against SEC guys every week.”  

Oden has been the starting quarterback for the Dogs all four years of high school.  His senior year he threw for 3,210 yards for 32 touchdowns with only 6 interceptions.  He rushed 363 yards for 4 touchdowns taking the Bulldogs to the second round of the playoffs.

“I’ve had the opportunity of playing with Zac for three years,”  junior Daqwan Bryant said.  “He’s been a great leader on and off the field.  As a receiver, he made my job a lot easier.”

Oden also plays baseball as a utility player.

“Zac is a great leader, tough player and an extremely hard worker,” head baseball coach Frankie Perez said.

Oden will report Southeast Mississippi mid-summer.

“As long as he keeps working hard and stays humble, then the sky’s the limit for Zac,” head football coach Brandon Wilcox said.  “I’m excited to see where he lands in a couple of years.”