Montevallo Troubadours Celebrate First Competition

Katie Ozley, Editor

The Montevallo Marching Troubadours participated in the Marbury High School Inaugural Camillia Marching Band Festival this past Saturday. They received Superior ratings for their Drum Major, Colorguard, Dance, Majorette, Percussion, and Band. 

A lot of hard work went into this competition. The Troubadours practiced every day last week, putting a lot of effort into cleaning their marching and routines. The Troubadours also spent a lot of time and energy into their music. Because of all this hard work, the Marching Band was excited and filled with adrenaline. 

After the performance, the Shelby County Director of Bands complemented the Troubadour’s long-standing tradition of pride in our school. He talked about how he is always excited to watch the Montevallo Marching Band perform because they show pride in themselves and in their work, no matter how small they are or what challenges they face. 

The atmosphere was happy but tense as the Troubadours waited for their scores. All the seniors stood representing the band. When the Superior ratings were announced, the band was ecstatic. The bus ride home was full of happy, excited energy as the Troubadours celebrated their first competition of 2021.