2023 MHS Decathlon

Siara Kennedy, Reporter

The Spring Decathlon has returned! Montevallo High Schools Decathlon with fun events and games will be held all school day on March 24th. It is hosted by your own MHS National Honors Society and Mrs.Blackwell. We are hosting this event to gather donations to fundraise the Shelby Humane Society for the needs of their animals.

There will be 10 events total that the MHS students will attend. 5 games in the gym and 5 events in the PAC. The NHS members will all be in charge of hosting 1 of the 10 events. The five games in the gym will be basketball, containing a short game, a dunk contest, and a 3 point contest, bubble war, tug of war, dodgeball, and table surfing. The five events that will be held in the PAC are Family Feud, Finish the Lyric, Guess That Food, Tiktok Dance Battle, and Dance Telephone. 

To attend our Decathlon you will need to donate $5 to us for the Shelby Humane Society. You can also donate additional coins and cash to the MHS staff members bucket of your choice to get pied in the face at the end of our Decathlon if your grade wins the majority of our events! The teacher choices you all have are Mr.Bromley, Ms.Hall, Mrs.Gothard, Ms.Meadows, and Coach G. 

Our sponsor, Mrs.Blackwell wants “everyone to have as much fun as possible and is excited for all the classes to come together and raise as much money as possible to help the animals in need.”

You still have time! Buy a ticket and come out and have a great time! Go Dawgs!